A decentralized app or “ÐApp”, is a software application that runs on a distributed computing system such as the Ethereum blockchain. As opposed to traditional centralized applications, where the frontend talks to APIs and datastores running on centralized servers, a ÐApp talks to smart contracts on decentralized blockchains.
Web3 Singapore is a learning community for folks interested in ÐApp development. No experience necessary - bring your machine and get ready to #BUIDL.
In our second session, we’ll learn the basics of the Solidity smart contract language and deploy your very first contract on the Ethereum blockchain!
The session will involve:
- A presentation introducing the Solidity smart contract language, and
- Live coding of an example contract where participants can follow along.
- Recap of the previous session on DApps, Blockchains, and Ethereum
- History of Smart Contracts
- The Solidity programming language
- What is Solidity?
- Language basics: Types, Variables, Mappings, Structs, Functions
- Toolchains, Bytecode, ABI, EVM
- Smart Contract Development Philosophy
- Use Cases
- Hands-On: Write your first smart contract!
In the next session, we’ll jump into more advanced features of the Solidity programming language and learn more about deployments and development tools.