Decentralized Finance (or DeFi) is an emerging category of financial applications that are being developed on top of trustless networks.
In this session, learn about how smart contracts create universal access to financial services and how you can get started in DeFi.
This talk will focus on:
- An overview of Decentralized Finance.
- How smart contracts enable permissionless innovation.
- A tour of different applications in the emerging DeFi ecosystem.
- A hands-on demo of lending and borrowing in DeFi.
- Technical deep-dive into the concepts behind decentralized lending protocols (Collateralized Debt Positions.)
About the Speaker
Yos is a software engineer experienced in writing smart contracts and building decentralized applications on the Ethereum blockchain. He is passionate about decentralized technologies and started Web3 Singapore to build a community for developers in the space.