At our second session in the Building DApps series, we learned the basics of the Solidity smart contract language and wrote our very first contract and token on the Ethereum blockchain!
You can find the session slides here.
During this session, we had:
- A presentation introducing the Solidity smart contract language, and
- Live coding of an example contract where participants can follow along.
- A recap of the previous session on DApps, Blockchains, and Ethereum
Attendees learned about:
- History of Smart Contracts
- The Solidity programming language
- Language basics: Types, Variables, Mappings, Structs, Functions
- Toolchains, Bytecode, ABI, EVM
- Smart Contract Development Philosophy
- Use Cases
- Hands-On: Write your first smart contract!
In the next session, we’ll jump into more advanced features of the Solidity programming language and learn more about deployments and development tools.
Web3 Singapore is a learning community for folks interested in ÐApp development. No experience necessary - bring your machine and get ready to #BUIDL.
Huge thanks to our sponsor SGInnovate for hosting this event.